Wednesday, April 13, 2011

More about green stuff

Well, that could be anything, couldn't it?  In this case, however, it is a vegetable matter. (ha ha!)

Breakfast today was another green smoothie and the last of my carrot nut 'cake'. That way I got vitamins, minerals, carbs, proteins, and fibre all in one. It actually kept me going til lunch, and I usually start to fade an hour too soon. See recipe below.

On another note, it has been seven years today that my darling Mother-in-law passed away.  We lived in England for 5 years, and I always tend to use that as my unit of comparison for time-based things. I cannot believe that MIL has been gone 2 years longer than we lived in UK~!  And in August it will be 4 years since my niece passed (4 years April for my sis's late bf), and 5 years since my FIL passed.  YES it was a long couple of years.  Never underestimate the amount of time it will take you to recover from such a loss.  I don't say 'get over' cuz I don't think you can 'get over' losing someone that important.  [see more below]




When I worked in customer service, a lady told me her mum had passed going on two years, and her friends were telling her it was about time she 'got over' it.  I told her I didn't think that was right. After all, my customer was around 50, and she only (obviously) had 1 mother. How was she to 'get over' 50 years of experience? I mean, REALLY? I told her she might need new friends. Sheesh.

Somehow, with sheer passage of time (which builds another kind of experience) we are able to acclimatise to the person no longer being on our horizon.  It may not be comfortable, but the pain goes from completely eviscerating to a dull ache.  For those of you who are anywhere on this scale, I have posted my biggest, warmest, cookie-crumbliest hug for you here:   HUG   Go on, wrap your arms around yourself for me, and give a squeeze.  We know you're hurting and we care.  Gotta go, I need some tissues. Wait, I just noticed the Psalm of the day: The LORD is close to the brokenhearted and saves those who are crushed in spirit.  [Isn't that amazing how God just knows these things?]


This smoothie was : 4 collard leaves, stemmed; 1 chard leaf, 1 large garlic clove, 2 stalks dill, some green pepper, some english cucumber, flax and sesame seeds (partially ground), a banana, water and some soaked almonds (skinned). It made 2 cups.  I know you're s'posed to drink that much in one sitting, but I'm not there yet.  So I saved half of it for tomorrow. It was green and I drank it.

No comments:

Post a Comment