Monday, May 2, 2011

Call Brad Paisley! I found a tick!

How nasty is it to find a tick crawling on you? Erghghghghghg!!!  What do you know about this little critter?
He was about the diameter of a pencil eraser, very flat, and un-killable! I had to send him for a swim in the porcelain pool to get him out of my house.  Fortunately, I caught him before he had a chance to latch on, so I don't think I'm in danger of Lyme disease (although I have a sore throat today - I'm sure that is from being exposed to more smoke than usual). 


I suspect that he got in one of three ways: on my dog, who roams freely in tall grass;  on me! while walking said dog; or on my son who was at a bonfire the other night. The little beasties are known carriers of Lyme disease, which if not treated early, can become extremely debilitating.

2 comments:

  1. UGH!!! How did you fid it?? My girlfriends son just had one on him...yuck!! I hope I do not have to deal with those buggers!!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Yes, but Brad Paisley... j/k :D
    Erm, how did I find it? I had just perched myself on the loo, actually. I looked down to see a 'mole' I didn't have before. I flicked at it, then the excitement and screaming started (mine-not the tick's.. although maybe the tick was screaming, who knows?) It had gone from my leg to my underwear! I nearly barfed at the thought. Finally, I got him relocated to the toilet for a long swim. DOUBLE SHUDDER and EREGHGHHGH!

    ReplyDelete