Wednesday, May 4, 2011

A crazy day in Canada

So we voted the exact same guy back in, but this time [just to spice things up], we changed the opposition party to the guy who sides with the bully of the day.
Because a party needs to have a certain number of seats to be 'official', The Green Party was completely blocked out of the Candidates Debate, and this year the news did not even report her tour stops or any news about them! It's pretty bad when you deliver news to the paper and they don't print it.  But try to hide something and WHAMMY! there they are in force.
Perhaps Elizabeth May should start skulking from place to place in a beige trenchcoat and fedora...

Apparently, Mr Harper has plans to legislate whether women can have abortions or whether gay people can get married.  First let me say that I don't support either of those things for myself, which is why I didn't marry a woman, or have an abortion. (I had mental moments where I was considering it - the abortion, that is.)  I believe that love and compassion will stop abortion faster than legislation, which just drives it underground and makes for big messes and loss of life.
I also believe that God loves all of us, and wants us all to have a Father-child relationship with Him.  The Bible lists homosexual acts as sin. It also lists acts of fornication and adultery (with the same punishments). Can you imagine what society would be like today if all who had unmarried sex were ostracized, bullied, and shamed the way gays are treated?  Pretty sick picture.  Pretty sad representation of the love of God.  Christians are called to ambassadors of God and ministers of reconciliation (of sinners to God).  We are supposed to act in true humility, fully aware of how much we have each been forgiven.  Maybe it's just me, but I think we've messed up something awful and need a 'do-over'.

No comments:

Post a Comment