Thursday, May 5, 2011

Grass is growing!

My lawn is starting to look like the savannah; I keep expecting lions (or Michael Caine) to show up. Looks like I'm going to have to follow suit on my speedy neighbour and get the lawn mower out and prepped. Sigh! This means I have to rake out my gardens too! At least I have already purchased the leaf bags.  There are zillions of birch twigs (some not so twiggy!) all over my back lawn from the last wind storm as well.  As I was picking them up (and getting overwhelmed), I thought, "just pick up one at a time  - soon they'll all be gathered!" 
Then it hit me- that is what Jesus must have felt like when He told His disciples, the harvest is great, but the workers are few!
He couldn't stand the thought that even one of us would be left behind, excluded from all the blessings of heaven. There are so many who haven't yet heard (or seen in action) the love of Christ, and the simplicity of following His Way.  I was reading II Corinthians last night and one verse especially stuck with me: II Cor 11:3- 3But I fear, lest by any means, as the serpent beguiled Eve through his subtilty, so your minds should be corrupted from the simplicity that is in Christ. [http://www.biblegateway.com/passage/?search=II%20cor%2011:3&version=KJV]
We have complicated things! It truly is simplicity - Lean on Him, give Him all your cares, worries and sorrows; take up His joy, peace and love. What a deal! Go from exclusion to closeness with the Father! He loves us!  Let's dance and sing about it! Like daffodils and birch trees!

3 comments:

  1. Um, you do know the leaf pick-up was last month, don't you? :-(

    Steve cut our grass last weekend and I can hear the buzz from someone else's lawnmower as I type.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I don't put the leaves out- I use them. (I don't have as many as you.) We have decided that the County won't pick up leaves until the bags have been rained on at least 3 times. :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Yay for green grass and spring time!

    ReplyDelete