Monday, October 17, 2011

So much to do.. so little time, so little organization...

I really do try to stay organized and on track... sometimes it just falls off the rails ... in every direction.

I had lists, I have an organizer on my phone, another on my desk, I have calendars to spare... but somehow things get away from me. Does this happen to you?

I nearly missed my meeting tonight, but I remembered 20 minutes before. Good thing it was in this town and not the next one over!
There's a newsletter to go out this month, a project proposal to be uploaded (only get 30 minutes, so all must be prepped ahead of time), recharge son's enthusiasm for college (guess who inherited my unorganization gene?), produce monthly reports, and create an outline for a novel that must be written between Nov 1 and Nov 30. I have to finish crocheting a blanket and a hot-water bottle cover. Oh, and I have a meeting to attend next week. I have to bring baked goods. :(
And my froat huwts.. *cough cough* :P  ad I'm snuffling... *a-choo!*  :(

I have a hard time breaking big jobs into tasks, I guess. So when big projects are looming, it's a little hard for me to find that first thread that needs to be picked up.  Then I get discouraged and start distracting myself with facebook and the like.  Three weeks later, I'm wondering how to finish said project in two days.

It must be noticeable because my brother made a wise crack about facebook today.  I did NOT say anything back. Mature, huh? It took a lot of energy to shut up, I'll tell ya. (Younger brother.)
So that's my point today: I actually did 'if the shoe fits, wear it', and it did, and I am.  So long, facebook!  We're on restricted hours now.

No comments:

Post a Comment