Thursday, November 3, 2011

Happy Birthday to me! @->---

Happy my birthday, everybody! It has been a wonderful year full of growth and learning, which is exactly what I want for this year too. Strangely, I am currently editing a document that deals with continuous learning.

Fortunately for me, I got to delay my university experience until I was somewhat older and more appreciative. This made the experience richer for me - I appreciated getting to know people from other countries, learning with people of all ages, and goofing off with my hubby playing pool. Well, don't shake your heads - that was learning too! I was learning geometry and physics while poking that little ball across the table.
On the down side of a later experience in university, I was married so did not get to enjoy life in residence. I had to grit my teeth to keep from knocking 18 yr old heads together when they complained of their heavy schedule (18-24 hrs/wk). On the up side, my hubby kept my study habits in line, and I never had to wonder if I had a date for Saturday night... a sitter maybe, but not a date :)

This year has been a foray into eating a higher percentage of raw foods, and moving further along the scale from pesca-ovo-lacto vegetarian to vegan.  I'm a long way off yet, but I am finding things out and it's exciting!
Weight is still not under control, but I have been faithfully walking my dog each day.

I am now a newsletter editor for our club. :D Press badge please...
And I  have seen some changes in lives I have been praying for.

So overall, thanks God!

No comments:

Post a Comment