Tuesday, November 8, 2011

No schedule, no progress

Remember I was not Nano-ing because I would be editing? Guess what? :(  No schedule, no progress!  In Nano, there is an intense deadline that must be met or the participant falls almost hopelessly behind.  That's part of the fun and part of the usefulness of Nano- it drives you forward.
My editing has not started and we are officially in Week 2 of Nano! It has been a busy first week of November, but still... not a word edited.  I'm just looking around my desk area, and in fact, the manuscript isn't even down here. It's still up in my room. So I am myself subject to the very advice I gave my college going son: make a schedule and stick to it. Doh! *facepalm*


Now, let's turn to positive things, like completing the dog's walk before the rain started, and drinking a lovely pink smoothie for breakfast. It had soaked raw almonds, 1/2 c rice milk, 1 banana, 1 pear, pieces of 1 clementine, 2 big strawberries, 1 c honeydew melon, 1/4 c wheat bran and 1/4 c raw pecans. I ran it on Grate for a while 'til everything looked mixed, then buzzed it through on Liquefy til it looked smooth.  Picture will be up later today. Very fresh and light, just like its light pink colour promises.


Moral of the day: Even when we 'mess up', God is not mad at us.  He lovingly encourages us to keep at it, not in our own strength, but in His awesome strength and unlimited provision. God hates sin, but ALL sin was paid for at the Cross. Past, present and future! That's why as Believers, we are Ministers of Reconciliation.  Guilt is gone when you trade places with Jesus - and that's what He is willing to do for us! O! Awesome Love! The debt is paid, the feud is over, it's safe to come home! Run home to Father's open arms. He has a plan for your success, the resources to see it happen, and He longs to shower us with blessings. This offer is open to everyone.

No comments:

Post a Comment