Monday, November 12, 2012

Nano status: a little behind ( | )

So, we're just over a third of the way in, and the word count is.... 1 day behind. Oh come on! That's pretty good! I don't write on Friday nights, and I've had two plot derailments already. I'm on Chapter 8 or something like it and the MC has finally met her man. Well, maybe her man. They're only about to have coffee - we'll have to see how it goes. 
I understand these are normal events in Nanoland.  My husband (who does NOT write) helpfully suggested I could just write something else. He doesn't know that my characters and I collaborate on the plot. Like a carver trying to release the sculpture hidden within the tree. It's interesting so far, I think... -EEK! Self doubts! Nooo! Stay back! There will be NO editing until December!!!! *left hand slaps right* Get away from the delete button. WHEW! That was close.
This has been very helpful, thank you. I can see now that I must interweave my characters in the mid section of the manuscript.  Well, ta-rah! for now...  

No comments:

Post a Comment