Wednesday, December 5, 2012

I love hockey

Why do I love hockey? Because of the wonderful men and women who play hockey.
We have been suffering through the hockey lockout. Instead of competing with hubs over whether my team or his is better, we've been watching football and English 'footie'. It's been made easier by the balmy weather, but now the cold is setting in, and I wanted some hockey.
Just the other day, I was ranting to my hubs that the players should just up and play a game! In fact they should donate the proceeds to charity and have a hockey only game for FUN.. no violence, just skill.

Wouldn't you know it? The very next day I heard about Operation Hat Trick. A bunch of NHL'ers headed to Atlantic City and played a wonderful game of hockey (I'm sad that I didn't get to watch), and distributed proceeds between three charities.

Great guys, eh?
Read more here:  Operation Hat Trick 2012

No comments:

Post a Comment